Classes will resume on Tuesday May 21st. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
- Family Yoga – Friday May 10th 6:00 - 6:45 pm - See course description for more information.
- Chi Gong Class – Tuesdays 10:00 – 11:15 am - Series continues through the end of May. NEW SERIES starts June 4th. Don’t wait for the next series to try out this exciting and healing movement. See course description for more information.
- Sugi Yoga® with Ofer Erez - Tues. 5:30 – 6:45 pm – series continues through May 14th. See course description for more information.
- Jan’s Yoga Nature Hikes – Sat., May 4th, 9am – 12pm – Carquinez Strait Regional Shoreline; Thurs., May 9th, 12 – 2pm – Briones Regional Park; Sat., May 18th, 8:30am – 11:30am - Diablo Foothills Regional Park; Thurs., May 23, 6:30 – 8:30 pm – Twilight Hike- Briones Regional Park; Fri., May 24th, 7- 9pm - Moonlight Hike – Mount Wanda. See course description for more information.
- Health Through Nutrition Series with Suzanne Roberts – Sat. May 11, 1- 2pm – General Eating for Health;; Sat. June 1, 1-2pm – Allergy Free Eating; Sat. June 15, 1-2pm – Eating for Energy and Weight Loss; Sat. June 22, 1-2pm – Healthy Proteins and Fats. Click here for Health Through Nutrition Flier.
- Yoga in the Garden with Jan – Ruth Bancroft Gardens – Thursday Evenings 6 – 7pm in August – watch for more details.
- Monday and Wednesday Evening Yoga classes 7:00 – 8:15 pm are back on the on-going schedule!
- FREE Introduction to Projective Group Dream Work with Chris Fenaroli – TBA – Contact Chris at 510-504-3225 or email@example.com. Click here to see flier.
- Chi Gong Classes with Martha – NEW SERIES starts on Tuesdays April 9th from 10:00 – 11:15 AM
- Sugi Yoga® Series with Ofer Erez continue on Tuesday evenings 5:30 – 6:45 PM. NEW SERIES starts on APRIL 9th.
- Sugi Yoga® Training Program with Ofer Erez – will continue taking NEW students until Saturday April 13th. Contact Ofer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan’s Yoga Nature Hikes : Thurs., April 4th 9am – 1pm, Mount Diablo State Park, Mitchell Canyon; Sat., April 6th 10am – 1pm, Black Diamond Mines Regional Preserve, Antioch; Sat., April 13th 9am-12pm, Las Trampas Regional Park; Thurs., April 18 10am – 1pm, Briones Regional Park; Sat., April 27 9am – 12pm, Morgan Territory Regional Preserve.
- Family Yoga Night with Nancy – Friday April 12th 6:00 -6:45pm
- Pretzel Kids Yoga Series with Nancy – Saturdays April 13th – May 18th 10:30 – 11:30 am.
Fun at Windbell’s Healing Fair!
NEW Sugi Yoga® series taught by founder Ofer Erez will start on February 26th – April 2nd on Tuesday evenings 5:30 – 6:45 pm. There will be no break between the current series and the start of the new series.
A Letter to My Students January 2013,
I just spent two days and almost $500 participating in the All Day Intensive Training at the San Francisco Yoga Journal Conference. I took Shiva Rea’s training ‘Fluid Creative Core: Sacred Belly Sadhana’ on Friday and Bo Forbes’ training, ‘Lymphatic Web: Revitalizing the Immune System, Emotional Body, and Happiness Pathways’ on Monday. Shiva Rhea and Bo Forbes are excellent teachers and I am grateful that they shared their wisdom and knowledge with me. I learned new techniques, movements and cultural insights from Shiva on how to honor, explore and release the sacred belly, thus letting go of a lot of stress and repressed feelings that we ‘stuff’ down there. I learned about the Lymph System from Bo and how it is all intrinsically connected to every other organ and system in the body. We did very detailed and advanced asana and movement to open the flow of lymph through the body so it can do what it needs to do to support our immune system.
But most of all what I learned (and always learn from other internationally well-know and high-priced teachers) is that I have learned it all before in Sugi Yoga®. Sugi Yoga connects all the knowledge that other teachers think is‘exclusive’ to their teaching, and puts it in down-to-earth language and movements that anyone can do – not just those ‘fit’ enough to endure the rigors of advanced asanas. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
We have added a section on book reviews and recommendations under the “more items” tab.
Our review for January 2013 is “Why Buffalo Dance: animal and wilderness meditations through the seasons” by Susan Chernak McElroy Click here to go directly to the book review.
Our review for November is “Manifesting Matisse” by Dr. Michelle Nielson Click here to go directly to the book review.
Our review for October is “You’re Broke Because You Want to Be: how to stop getting by and start getting ahead” by Larry Winget
Click here to go directly to the book review.
Our review for September is covers 3 books about getting rid of belly fat. Click here to go directly to the book review.
Our review for August is “Financial Peace Revisited” by Dave Ramsey. Click here to go directly to the book review.
Our review for July is “Hot (Broke) Messes: How to have your latte and drink it too” by Nancy Trejos. Click here to go directly to the book review.
Our review for June is “Life Among the Dead, the autobiography of Lisa Williams” by Lisa Williams. Click here to go directly to the book review.
Our first review is about “Poser: my life in twenty-three yoga poses“ by Claire Dederer. Click here to go directly to the book review.
Janice DeJesus wrote a feature article about Sugi Yoga® teacher Jan Enderle. The article is about Jan’s “Yoga in the Garden” series at Ruth Bancroft Garden and about Yoga Nature Adventure hikes. It also mentions Jan’s classes at Windebell Wellness Center. If you haven’t seen it yet, it is in today’s (Thursday May 10, 2012) Contra Costa Times in the local insert (Martinez – Pleasant Hill Record and Walnut Creek Register). If you don’t get the paper, you can go online to ContraCostaTimes.com and pull up the article titled “Teacher takes yoga outdoors”. Click here to see article.
Thank you students and friends of Windbell Wellness Center for all of the support we received. We were granted our Use Permit yesterday at the Public Hearing in front of the City of Pleasant Hill Zoning Administration.
Our deep appreciation to all of those who supported us in so many ways. Thank you to those who took the time to show up to the hearing just to support us with your presence or to speak to the city. Thank you to all of you who helped us write letters, signed our letters/petitions, sent emails, gave us ideas and feed back, and sent your thoughts to us for a good out come. Thank you as well to those who taught yoga class on Thursday evening and helped out with child care, so that all of us could attend the meeting. Thank you to our friends and family who have supported us through this process in too many ways to list.
We are very thankful and blessed to know each and every one of you. We are looking forward to serving you and our community while we grow and expand our offerings.
Nancy, Jan, Martha, Karen & Trish
Windbell Wellness Center
Enjoy our new improved format
We are a new center in Pleasant Hill, CA committed to offering a variety of classes, workshops, individual sessions and more to promote wellness in the community.
Our mission is:
To provide a place in the community for all to come and learn skills to increase their level of wellness, strength, balance and clarity. To teach individuals practices that foster unity, awareness and compassion within one’s self, so that these may spread in ever-widening circles to family, friends, community and beyond.
We are offering Yoga Classes, Chi Gong, SugiTouch ™, Reiki, Flower Essences, “A Course in Miracles”, workshops and more.
We offer individual sessions in SugiTouch ™, Reiki, Yoga and Flower Essences.
We also have space available to rent for groups, classes and workshops.
Continue to visit our website as we add more information and classes.
If you want to be added to our email list to receive our newsletters click here
If you have any questions or need more information contact us via email or call 925-482-6750.
Come join us at Windbell Wellness Center!
1924 Oak Park Boulevard, Suite A (Oak Park Shopping Center)
Pleasant Hill, CA